Full-Time Administrative Assistant Nigeria Monitoring Project Abuja, Nigeria
The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
**Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
The Administrative Specialist will report directly to the Finance and Operations Manager and Chief of Party. This position supports project finance and administrative operations by efficiently maintaining the office, supporting office procurements, and assisting with coordinating arrangements for events, travel and other needs.
- Support administrative and logistical project activities.
- Organize and archive information, as needed, related to project function and administration.
- Perform errands in support of assigned projects, such as banking, post office deliveries or pickups, project purchases, local and distant staff travel or other miscellaneous tasks.
- Coordinate office drivers’ and taxi drivers’ schedules, including tracking and equally distributing long-distance trips.
- Support organization of event logistics and planning, as well as maintain files of all related approval documentation.
- Perform follow-up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other communications.
- Arrange hotel reservations and transportation for project activity staff.
- Support procurement actions for office supplies and materials and ensure of an adequate supply of office materials (paper, toner, stationary, cleaning substances, toiletries etc.) for the day-to-day running of the office.
- Welcome and attend to all office guests and answer the office telephone.
- Any other assignments as determined by the Chief of Party or Finance and Operations Manager.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in finance and administrative management in Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Demonstrated experience using Excel and Quickbooks
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required.
- Experience with USAID funded projects preferred
The candidate will have strong organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with international and national staff, vendors, subcontractors, and clients. He/she will possess strong English language verbal and written communication and translation skills and will be a solid team player. He/she will possess a demonstrated ability to multi-task, be a strategic thinker and operate with a genuine dedication to program support.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.