NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|ANNUAL SALARY||23724 UA – 28590 UA|
|DIVISION||Internal Auditor (Commission + Agencies)|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Principal Internal Auditor Commission + Agencies|
Implement comprehensive internal audit programs covering all risks relating to the applicable areas of intervention and in line with applicable professional standards, guidelines and planning.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Execute and improve of the institution’s governance through offering valuable input to Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and other risk management tools.
· Execute and positively contribute to the performance of risk-based audit activities on the ECOWAS institutions and Agencies as will be instructed.
· Prepare, document audit process, present objective reports that reflect audit results, make reasonable and objective recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed and monitor management’s response and implementation.
· Assist in the coordination of audit activities as per the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual.
· Ensure the timely completion of internal audit engagements.
· Record, compile and summarise all findings related to audit programs in audit files for review by a supervisor.
· Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
· Improve or adapt as needed audit programs in accordance with the annual audit plan.
· Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
· Ensure that professional internal auditing standards are followed.
· Maintain healthy working relationships with managers at all levels.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· First degree or equivalent degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required. A master’s degree will be an advantage.
· Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or equivalent from a university of recognized standing.
· Bachelors Degree in a finance, commerce or related field.
· A minimum of Five (05) years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance or related area is required.
· Proven and hands-on experience in public sector auditing.
· Very good practical knowledge of SAP.
· Knowledge of auditing standards and practices, risk assessment, and applicable financial rules and procedures.
· Knowledge and experience of auditing in an ERP environment (SAP for instance) and using specialized IT audit applications.
ECOWAS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Citizenship and age
· Must be a citizen of any country in the ECOWAS Community
· The maximum age for the recruitment in a professional position is 50 years old. This rule does not apply to existing employees.
· Proficient in oral and written languages of French, English or Portuguese and a working knowledge of a second language.