Contract AVADAR Data Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
AVADAR Data Assistant – (1703425)
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 12 Months
: Oct 25, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
: Nigeria-Sokoto, Nigeria-Bauchi, Nigeria-Damaturu
: AF_NGA Nigeria
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The main objective of the post is to assist the implementation of AVADAR in the state through data collation, cleaning and transmission. Supportive supervision and providing on site trainings to HWs and CIs.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the IVE Focal person and over all supervision of Zonal Coordinator and guidance of the state coordinator the AVADAR project assistant will carry out the following specific task:
- Working with the project coordinator to ensure that the data flow and reporting of all health facilities on the project from the field level to the state and eventually to national level.
- Support with data analysis feedback for both weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
- Perform other responsibilities that may be required of him
- Support the field staff on the data management component of the project
- Support technically in terms of the data and ensure that SOPs are followed in LGA implementation sites
- Support with configuration of phones and resolving issues to end users
- Support the quarterly review meeting of the project
- Provide monthly feedback analysis on the project including tracking information of the project indicators
Requirements for incumbent
- At least Diploma in Computer Science, statistics, data management or related fields. Knowledge of data management and PEI data tools will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience working in PEI,
- Resident in the state of assignment
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel within the state. Knowledge or previous work in these state would be an advantage
Knowledge of local languages would be an advantage
- Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics, GIS or data management related field with additional data management training.
- At least 3 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in database development.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (HealthMapper, QGIS etc)
Use of language skills
Essential: Proficiency in English Language
Specific skills required:
- Basic knowledge of ICT, programming, mobile and web – based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.