Full-Time Business Support Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and implementing RAN “BSC/RNC/Node B/RBS” environment by providing onsite hardware and software system support; identifying system improvements; upgrading, installing, monitoring and configuration of systems.
Handle emergency outages in RAN domain “BSC/RNC/Node B/RBS” and provide support to RAN Engineers for resolution of critical issues
Ensure availability of RAN network of Airtel Nigeria
Manage all networks operations and maintenace tasks related to RAN for Airtel Nigeria
Applicants must have track record of working in a high paced environment and show a strong ability to lead a RAN team.
Must have the ability to communicate at all levels within an organization.
Applicants must have:
- At least 8 years work experience within the telecoms space
- Good knowledge of RAN design and dimensioning
- Good knowledge of IP Networking and design
- Good knowledge of Network evolution and standards bodies 3GPP, ITU
- Good knowledge of ZTE’s business process
- Strong telecommunications radio knowledge in RAN domain
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong analytical and troobleshooting capabilities
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities
Job location is Lagos.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Vacancy closes 19th October 2017