Consultancy CALL FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH EXPERTS – LINKS NORTHERN NIGERIA SPATIAL GROWTH PROGRAMME
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: CALL FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH EXPERTS – LINKS NORTHERN NIGERIA SPATIAL GROWTH PROGRAMME
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
DFID’s LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria is a successor programme to the Growth and Employment in States (GEMS) programme including GEMS3 which was successfully implemented by Adam Smith International. Focusing on spatial economic growth in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, LINKS will aim to raise the incomes of at least 3 million people with specific targets for women and people living disability through new jobs, farming incomes, and self-employment opportunities. The programmme, set to begin in late 2018/early 2019, will focus on three main pillars – Investment, Innovation and Enabling Business Environment, with Agriculture, Renewable Energy, ICT, Affordable housing and Solid Waste Management as target sectors.
Positions will include but not limited to:
- Long term roles such as programme managers, M&E consultants, intervention and state managers,communications experts, gender and social inclusion specialists, finance officers,
- Short term technical assistance roles for spatial development interventions in investment, innovation and enabling business environment across the target sectors identified
- An educational background in economics, finance, public policy or similar fields
- Experience in large scale donor-funded programmes in Nigeria. Experience in designing and implementing DFID-funded projects is preferred
- Experience related to investment promotion, investment research, impact investing, investment facilitation, private equity and investment-supported transaction advisory
- Experience advising state governments on business environment reform, special economic zones, incubators and investment-related infrastructure and polices
- Experience in providing advisory services to strengthen value chains in agriculture, renewable energy, ICT and affordable housing. Strong expertise in identifying and facilitating the use of innovative technologies to strengthen value chains in agriculture and other target sectors
- Experience in managing innovation funds, enhancing access to finance, providing business development support, developing innovative financial solutions and working with diaspora
- Previous experience working in Northern Nigeria, particularly Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa