Permanent Coordinator, Availability and Capacity (Supervisory)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|job title||Coordinator, Availability and Capacity (Supervisory)|
• To ensure that cost-justifiable IT capacity exists and is matched to the current and future agreed needs of the business in a timely manner.
• To ensure that the level of service availability delivered in all service is matched to or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the business in a cost effective manner.
• To ensure that Events are detected, analyzed and appropriate control of action determined.
• To develop, implement and manage Capacity/Availability processes in line with IT and Enterprise Management strategies and best practices.
• Prepare capacity Plan which reflects the current and future needs of the business in preparing the budget for IT Infrastructure operations and services
• Prepare Availability Plan which reflects Single Points of Failure remediation in preparing the budget for IT Infrastructure operations and services
• Production and maintenance of an appropriate and up-to-date Availability Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
• Production and maintenance of an appropriate and up-to-date Capacity Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
• Provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on all availability, capacity and performance related issues
• Ensure that service performance achievements meet or exceed all of their agreed performance targets, by managing and reporting IT Service performance and targets
• Ensure IT Application and Services do not exceed Availability Allowable downtimes in order to meet all IT Availability targets
• Performs High Availability tests on all IT critical services in order to identify Single Points of Failures, deal with findings and provide recommendations
• Provide High Availability Reports and Recommendations
• Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of performance- and capacity-related incidents and problems
• Assess the impact of all changes on the Capacity and Availability of IT services
• Modeling capacity forecasts using systems and business metrics
• Managing workload assignments across environment achieving optimal performance.
• Performing second level problem determination using monitoring and data collection tools in capacity related disciplines
• Analyzing performance data identifying bottlenecks and recommending alternative resolutions
• Producing ad hoc resource usage reports and analysis
• Identify production capacity risks in time to avoid service interruption or degradation
• Participate in all Customer Experience meeting in order to identify Availability and Capacity issues and deal with them
• Support the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience regarding Availability and Capacity
• Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
• Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape
|job condition||• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
|Experience & Training||Education:
• First degree in Computer Science or any Information Technology( IT) related discipline
• Fluent in English
• ITIL Foundation certificate at the minimum
• Operating System Certification preferably Oracle or WindowsExperience:
• 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
• Experience working in a medium organization
• Hands- on experience on Service Availability monitoring tools
• Any other Capacity and performance management tool knowledge will be added advantage
• Performance testing and capacity planning work experience in a technical environment
• IT Availability/Capacity Management deep understanding
• Good understanding of methodologies and the impact of the technology in question (ITIL Certificate preferred)
• Broad understanding of IT monitoring platforms, associated products and common IT management process
|Minimum qualification||BA, BEng, BTech, BSc or HND|