NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Head, Corporate Communication
Head, Legal (Dotted reporting line)
Internal: Legal, Human Resources, Admin, Investors Relations
External: External Copywriters, Media Vendors
Job Purpose/ Key Objectives:
· The Copywriter will write, edit and proofread various documents for various departments in the Company.
· The jobholder will also create written content for all Corporate Communications campaign and initiatives.
· Write, edit and proofread documents for various departments in the Company.
· Draft, review and perfect basic legal documents for various teams in the Company and send to the Head, Legal to review and approve.
· Create content for the Company’s website, Blogs, Corporate Brochures, Newsletters and SharePoint.
· Assist the Head, Corporate Communications during Company press release.
· Create social media written content and managing the Company’s social media accounts (i.e. LinkedIn).
· Perform all other duties that are necessary and reasonably attached
to this Copywriter position and the fulfillment of its
· Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Corporate Communications.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Educational Requirement:
· Bachelor’s degree in Law, English, Journalism, Public Relations or Mass Communications.
· Master’s degree in English is a plus.
· Professional certification (i.e. Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) or Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) is also a plus.
· 3 – 6 years’ experience as a Creative Writer, Paralegal or Public Relation specialist.
· Previous legal experience, not required but is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
· Ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to form strong working relationships quickly logic, creativity and imagination.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines strong organizational skills
· Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt.
· Confidence, enthusiasm and determination.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Resilience to accept criticism of your work.
· Ability to understand the target internal & external customer audience.
· Administrative, IT and proofreading skills.
· Quick thinking and ability to remain calm under pressure
· Articulate and close attention to detail.
· Intense drive for excellence.
Physical & Other Requirements
· Displays a quality of work that reflects high professional standards.
· Projects a professional and positive image at all times.