Fixed Term Director, Evidence and Learning
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director, Evidence and Learning
We are currently recruiting for a high calibre Director, Evidence and Learning to provide global leadership, and ensure a step change in the rigour, relevance and strategic direction of our global evidence base.
In this role you will lead the creation of an evidence and learning agenda to inform, drive, and influence programming and advocacy across an all-contexts portfolio in 120 countries; drive the delivery of our Ambition 2030, and lead on the strengthening of research and analytic capability across the movement. You will also strengthen coordination and collaboration with key inter-agency and external research agendas, as related to the sustainable development goals for children, and Ambition 2030.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with energy, commitment, and talent, to help ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalised and vulnerable children.
In order to be successful you will bring:
- Extensive experience and passion in the applied implementation of data and evaluation systems to improve frontline practice in development and humanitarian contexts
- A demonstrable ability to develop and apply monitoring and evaluation plans to determine program results and monitor impact within an international organization
- Extensive skills and experience in designing, managing and communicating quantitative and mixed method research and evaluation using rigorous designs
- Knowledge of state of the art and good practice in global monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building around monitoring and evaluation, research and learning
- Comprehensive team, stakeholder management and influencing skills with experience of working with Board/senior executives
- Experience in collaborative working across a large and diverse organization
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 20-30% of the time
This role could be based in London, or any existing Save the Children location. We offer a competitive package based on national terms and conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2019
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract