Full-Time Director of Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project. The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
The Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Director will provide overall technical leadership in the areas of gender equality integration and youth programming. S/he will collaborate with other members of the project team to plan and implement the annual Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Analysis and ensure that the results inform the annual work plan. Collaboratively s/he will introduce gender-transformative activities and/or scale up of evidence-based interventions promote gender equality and meet the needs of youth.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Plan and execute the annual Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Analysis.
- Ensure that the results of the Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Analysis translate into the workplan and quarterly into the collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) activities.
- Plan and implement capacity-building activities in collaboration with partner organizations,
- Conduct and build capacity in gender analysis (e.g., project partners, district planners, etc.)
- Develop annual gender and youth work plans and budgets in consultation with other program team members, finance and M&E team, and monitor the implementation of these work plans and budget.
- Identify and monitor gender-related project indicators to promote and document gender equality in project interventions.
- Maintain up-to-date statistics and gender program data in collaboration with the M&E department for the project?s gender related performance reporting.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in implementing gender equality and youth development activities in the project. Write reports, success stories, technical briefs and abstracts for presentations.
- Master’s degree in gender, agronomy and development or Masters in gener or Social sciences.
- 10+ years’ work experience including Five or more years conducting gender analysis and integration,
- Demonstrated familiarity with standard gender analysis and integration tools and methodologies, and knowledge of evidence-based interventions to promote gender-equality in agriculture based projects
- Field experience in agriculture programs
- Experience interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience as a trainer with a strong track record of implementing training strategies and programs.
- Experience working with a range of local government officials and government facilities desired.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Computer literacy with standard business software (including Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience with U.S. Government-funded programs is desirable.
- Must be capable of working both in a team and independently to implement the duties described above.
- Willingness to travel within the country 25% of his/her work time.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply