Full-Time Director of Grants – Nigeria State to State
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the State-to-State (State2State) contract is to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene – WASH); increasing the efficiency of key governance operations (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation); increasing government?s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict.
- Manage all grants programs and supervise grants program and financial staff;
- Oversee grants announcements, and proposal adjudication process;
- Provide guidance to grants staff and grant applicants on effective project design and implementation;
- With MEL Director, monitor progress of grants and conduct periodic site visits with occasional technical assistance in grants management;
- With communications staff, prepare informational materials and publicize grants programs;
- Facilitate proposal review committees and final selection of grantees;
- Ensure compliance with USAID and Palladium procedures and requirements
- Masters Degree in related field
- Minimum 8 years experience in international development
- At least 3 years in managing grants programs on behalf of international donors, preferably in the context of governance programs
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID requirements and procedures with respect to grants management
- Strong oral/written communication skills