Full-Time Director, Strategic Information
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director, Strategic Information, Nigeria, Key Population Activity
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director, Strategic Information (DSI).
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Director, Strategic Information for an anticipated USAID-funded Key Populations Activity in Nigeria which will build on current investments made by USAID to reduce risk of HIV transmission among key populations and will improve their enrolment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. This includes providing HIV prevention, care, and treatment services, as well as addressing structural barriers to KPs accessing these services. The Activity will address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among KPs by implementing a comprehensive package of services in line with the WHO guidelines. The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the targeted geographic area, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor,
document, and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategies. It is anticipated that the position will be based in Bauchi and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Design and oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project;
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components;
- Work closely with the heads of projects to co-design monitoring tools, selecting indicators, and determining field monitoring responsibilities. Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems;
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting; and
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of Nigeria counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by USG;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting;
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with HIV KP community-led organizations and KP community leaders;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com as soon as possible. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.