Full-Time Field Office Director – Multiple Locations (Nigeria)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the State-to-State (State2State) contract is to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene – WASH); increasing the efficiency of key governance operations (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation); increasing government?s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of all technical and administrative staff of the field office (with the understanding that technical staff have secondary supervision as in a matrix structure);
- Ensure close working relationships and day-to-day contact with State/local government, CSOs, private sector and other stakeholders;
- Working MEL and Grants Directors, assist with monitoring the progress of all technical assistance and grant support;
- Coordinate all technical assistance and training in the State;
- Oversee all logistical preparations;
- Monitor and report on political, economic and social conditions impacting program implementation.
- Proven managerial and coordination skills
- Excellent professional network within the State with ability to mobilize staff and diverse stakeholders in support of project goals
- Technical experience in one or more of the following: governance, public sector management, public administration reform, public financial management, voice and accountability
- 8 or more years of professional experience in international donor-funded projects
- High quality writing and presentation/public speaking skills
- Experience in institutional development, needs assessments, PEA, training, coalition building and/or public sector capacity building