Full-Time Head of Startup Success and Services, Accelerator Africa
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. You’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
Launchpad helps mentor startups in 40+ countries across 5 continents. We run Google’s Accelerator for emerging markets and support other Google tech and market initiatives. Our aim is to share proven best practices back to startups, mentors and partners we engage with and provide feedback and learnings for Google product and other teams.
As the Head of Startup Success and Services for Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa, you will play a key role building and actioning on the Accelerator values to startups, from the mentorship and services, through the startup journey and ensuring our startups reach their desired goals. You’ll spend extensive time on the ground with startups in Sub-Saharan Africa, along with other emerging markets.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Action on the services and startup strategy for Launchpad’s Accelerator Africa.
- Support and improve on existing Accelerator program strategy.
- Identify key startups to bring into Launchpad’s ecosystem, and manage relationships with them.
- Act as the point of contact for all regional stakeholders including mentors, partners, investors and internal teams.
- Develop and evolve regional positioning for Launchpad tailored to startups and mentors.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Product Marketing, managing agency partners, developing co-marketing campaigns and organizing large scale marketing events.
- Experience working with venture capital firms, angel investors, and/or startup accelerator programs in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional team members to deliver against business goals.
- Expertise working in startup accelerators, incubators and/or venture capitals.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French or Portuguese fluently and idiomatically.