Contract HSE – Industrial Hygiene Officer (Local)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ASC Nigeria Ltd is a strong local player, providing specialised recruitment services for oil and gas operators in Nigeria.
The company provides Manpower solutions.
· Participates in actions for identifying and minimizing health risks and the impact of activities on personnel health
· Contributes to drafting of reference documents (rules, specifications, procedures)
· Participates in audits and inspections of facilities and operations, to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and good industrial hygiene practice
· Ensures appropriate authorizations (NNRA, DPR, etc) needed for conducting operations are obtained.
· Updates the Industrial Hygiene database and input monitoring data
· Investigates industrial hygiene issues and complaints and provides timely reporting of findings
· Conducts area and personnel exposure assessment and monitoring in Company locations
· Carries out industrial hygiene surveillance programs and generates report in all Company locations
· Updates the IH monitoring equipment and chemical inventory
· Participates in Industrial Hygiene Risk Assessment (IHRA) and follow up implementation of mitigating actions
· Ensures compliance with international, national, local and Group standards (DPR, FMENV, ISO 18001, OSHA, ACGIH, etc.) in industrial hygiene and ensures compliance
· Possess Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Occupational Health/Hygiene or Applied Sciences at a minimum of Second Class Upper Division from a reputable University.
· Minimum of 2 years industrial hygiene experience, of which 1 year must be in a similar position in the oil and gas industry.
· Good knowledge of industrial hygiene standards and guidelines will be an added advantage.
· Strong organizational, time management, analytical, problem solving, oral and written communication / interpersonal skills
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Ability to work under limited supervision and function effectively in a team environment.