Permanent Human Resources Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a widely recognised Specialist Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The company is aimed at improving the quality of life of clients by providing prompt and quality insurance service delivery. They offer a range of insurance products such as annuity, investment plans, group life plans and much more.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the ED, Finance/HR/Admin. This individual will be responsible for maintaining, leading and enhancing the Organisational Human Resources programs and policies as they apply. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop, implement and manage Performance Appraisal systems that drives high performance in line with the Company’s Policies.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor staff training and development programs.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirement and revising job description.
- Manage recruitment and selection of all new employees and contract staff
- Report to Management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Skills & Competencies
- Result Orientation/ Drive for results
- Conflict and/or negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Numerical/Arithmetical Ability
- Strategic thinking
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR Executive
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Ability to influence others and manage change
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- In-depth knowledge of Labour law and HR Best Practices
- Understand confidentiality; capable of discretion & able to handle/treat sensitive / important information properly.
Qualification & Experience
- An advanced degree in Human Resources or an MBA strongly preferred
- HND or BSc. in Administration or Human Resources Management
- Relevant professional qualifications e. g. CIPM, SHRM, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years cumulative experience
- Experience in the Insurance Industry an added advantage