Full-Time Human Resources Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organisation provides daily support to more than 850 NGOs in twelve of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Nigeria Country Office
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong regional approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon. The opening of a sub-office in the Diffa region of Niger is foreseen for the first quarter 2018.
We are actually seeking for our Office in Abuja an experienced Human Resources Officer that can bring an HR support to our operations.
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing efficient and effective human resource administrative support to the operations of the INSO Nigeria offices.
- Keep an updated knowledge of Nigerian tax and labor law.
- Ensure compliance of INSO HR internal regulations in all offices.
- Management of the full cycle of recruitment and selection process.
- Responsible of On Boarding and Off Boarding process of staff.
- Drafting all HR legal documentation (contracts, termination letter, etc.).
- Analysis and draft of Job Descriptions.
- Keep updated the HR filing and HR database.
- Responsible for travel arrangements for visitors (visas, accommodation, transportation).
- Monitoring of completion of Timesheets and Leave forms.
- Administrative support in performance evaluations and trainings.
- Focal point for staff insurance coverage.
- Degree in Business, HR Management or administration related studies.
- At least two (2) two years’ experience in Human Resources with strong background in recruitment process.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point, internet).
- Desirable experience with INSO or other NGOs.
Key Personal Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments.
- Strong service orientation with the ability to proactively approach clients to understand their needs and to find effective solutions.
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner.
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the mentioned criteria are invited to apply by sending their applications to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th February 2018, writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO HRO-Abuja”
In order to be considered the application must contain the two (2) following documents:
Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.