Full-Time Information Systems
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|JOB TITLE||Information Systems|
|INSTITUTION||Office of Auditor General of ECOWAS Institutions|
|ANNUAL SALARY||33607 UA – 37996 UA|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Auditor General|
|SUPERVISING||Information Systems Auditor|
This incumbent reports directly to the Auditor General, he is responsible for Implementing comprehensive internal audit programs covering all risks relating to the applicable areas of intervention and in line with applicable professional standards, guidelines and planning.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
· Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
· Directs and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
· Maintains and develops computerized audit software.
· Prepares Concept Notes and terms of Reference (ToR) for all Audits to be outsourced.
· Manages all Audits outsourced and ensures that they are completed on time and the relevant reports issued.
· Preparation of audit planning memoranda, determination of the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
· Lead and manage subordinates in the performance of audit assignments and ensure compliance with the audit time schedule.
· Assist in the coordination of audit activities as per the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual
· Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
· Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
· Consults with and advises management on various operational issues related to computerized information systems, and on general business operations as needed.
· Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
· Coordinates and interacts with external auditors, administrators, faculty, staff and law enforcement officials as appropriate; may be required to testify in court.
· Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems as well as succession plans.
· Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
· Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
· Serve as a Super User for the Governance Risk Management and Compliance and other risk management tools. This will be done through timely audit recommendations and validation of management’s agreed to actions.
· Contribute to the continuous update of audit methodology process, tools that are efficient and effective to support a high functioning audit department.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, business systems analysis & design, information systems management or related discipline from a university of recognized standing;
• 10 years progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of information systems and telecommunications; 6 years relevant international work and 5 years at a supervisory level;
• demonstrated knowledge of information systems and telecommunications technologies for large and complex geographically dispersed organizational environments;
• knowledge of ICT industry benchmarks for performance, enhance services and performance management with demonstrated ability to lead a programme transformation;
• demonstrated competence to drive the development, review and communication of ICT policies and standards throughout ECOWAS Commission and Institutions, ensuring consistency and pragmatism in the maintenance of these policies and standards.
ECOWAS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Citizenship and age
· Must be a citizen of any country in the ECOWAS Community
· The maximum age for the recruitment in a professional position is 50 years old. This rule does not apply to existing employees.
· Proficient in oral and written languages of French, English or Portuguese and a working knowledge of a second language.