NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
||Manager, Legislative Affairs (Abuja)
• Provide Regulatory Guidance And Support On Various Business Issues, Input Into Regulatory Policies/Regulations, Legislative Framework And Future Impact Of New Regulatory Policies And Legislation On MTN N Operation In Line With Best Practices.
• Provide Input And Guidance Into Proposed Regulatory Policies/ Legislation Ensuring That MTN N’s Interest Is Taken Into Account.
• Draft And Manage Interconnects Agreements And Prepare Capacity Leasing Agreements With Incumbent Operators And New Entrants.
• Influence The Telecommunications Sector Competitive Policies To Attain A Level Playing Field As Well As Monitor Compliance With Interconnect Agreement And All Interconnect Related Issues In The Industry.
• Review Prepared Infrastructure Sharing Guidelines/ Agreements And National And International Roaming Agreements.
• Research And Identify New Ways To Generate Revenue, As Well As Cost Saving Opportunities Arising From Competitive Or Regulatory Developments.
• Monitor And Update MTNN On Developments; Bills, New Policies, Within The Legislative/ Regulatory Arena; And Follow Up With Regulatory Authorities On Submissions And Other Regulatory Issues.
• Manage Relationship With Regulatory Authorities And Make Presentations To Key Stakeholders Such As Regulatory Agencies, National Assembly And Other Relevant Fora. .
• Support Management And Advice MTN N On Interconnects Agreements/Relationship, Licence Conditions And Compliance With Regulations And Legislation.
• Review The Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
• Identify Training Requirements Of Team Members, Develop Program To Address Knowledge Gaps And To Enrich Knowledge Repository Within The Department
Standard Working Condition
|Experience & Training
• First Degree In Any Relevant Discipline
• LLB Or Other Recognized Law Degree
• Fluent In English And Language Of Country Preferable
• Minimum 6 Years’ Experience Which Includes:
• Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialization With Experience In Supervising/Managing Others
• In Depth Experience And Understanding Of The Nigerian Telecommunications Industry And Regulatory Framework
• Experience In A Commercial Legal Environment, Alternatively Within A Legal & Regulatory Control Body
• Experience Within The Telecommunication Environment Is Desirable
• Courses, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops In Telecommunication Regulation
• Management Development Program
||BA, BEd, BSc Or HND
How to Apply
Apply on the company's website - HERE