Permanent Manager Power Planning – Lagos
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Job Title||Manager Power Planning|
|Job Description||• To Manage, Plan And Implement Power And Cooling Systems In Full Compliance To MTNN Site Build Specifications• Carry Out Tender Formulation And Final Tender Adjudication And Make Recommendations.
• Serve The Division’s Internal Customers And Provide Solutions To Improve The Customer Experience.
• Strategic Partnerships With MTNN Leadership Team To Drive Awareness On Expected Behaviours And Impact On Non-Compliance On Bottom Line Results And Company Image/Reputation.
• Provide Overall Direction For Coordinating And Supervising Activities Of Utility Vendors, Contractors And Consultants On A Daily Basis.
• Provide Design Oversight And Guidance To Consultants And Contractors For New Facilities Implementation.
• Review And Evaluate Performance Of Contractors, Vendors
Suppliers In Consultation With Other Third Parties.
• Develop All Plans For Power Provision And Upgrade Projects, For Operational BTS/TX Sites- Hybrid Power System, DC Power Upgrades And Switches.
• Direct The Supervision And Final Acceptance Of All Mechanical Or Electrical Installation Executed By Contractor/Supplier.
• Manage Mechanical And Electrical Facility Implementation Projects Providing Direction And Control In Close Collaboration With Facilities Team Members.
Support To NWG Operations In The Event Of Major Failures.
• Define Requirements And Design Guidelines For New And Upgraded Facilities, Ensuring The Design Address Maintainability, Maintenance Documentation, Manuals, Drawing
• Oversee The Planning, Design
Construction Of Main Switch Center (MSC), Commercial Building And Other Facilities, Pertaining To System And Equipment.
• Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
• Coach And Train The Team To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Regularly Review Their Training Needs.
• Review Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
• Identify Training Requirements Of Team Members, Develop Program To Address Knowledge Gaps And To Enrich Knowledge Repository Within The Department.
|Job Condition||• Normal MTNN Working Conditions
• May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
|Experience & Training||Experience:
6-13 Years’ Work Experience Which Includes:
• Professional Experience In Design, Implementation
Management Of Power And Cooling Systems
Atleast(3) Years In Engineering Management In A Telecommunications Environment Would Be An Added Advantage
• Experience In Project Management Would Be An Added Advantage
• Power Generation System (Solar, DC, AC Etc)
• AC/DC Power And Cooling System
• Generators, UPS, Rectifier, Inverters
• Knowledge In Regulations Associated With Standards E.G SON, PHCN Etc
• Project Management
• Process Documentation And Analysis Tool
• Leadership And Management Development Program
• Technical Evaluation
• Project And Change Management Methodology
• Telecom Site Construction
• Quality Assurance And Controls
• Safety And Quality Management
|Minimum Qualification||BEng, BTech, BSc Or HND|