Permanent Migration Program Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
• High School Diploma
• Advanced working knowledge of English, written and spoken
• Recent* experience of at least 12 months working in an office environment, including but not limited to, an international organization, Embassy or High Commission, or a Canadian company or organization.
• Recent* experience of at least 24 months working in an office environment.
• Recent* experience of at least 12 months working on a PC, developing functionality of various computer programs and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet browsers.
*Recent as defined within the last 3 years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests and/or presentations.
• Understanding of the impact of political, economic, and social factors on migration-related matters.
• General knowledge of evidence-based research methods.
• Knowledge and functionality of various computer programs and applications.Abilities/Competencies:
• Ability to analyze and identify relevant, reliable, and quality information
• Ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to prepare and present recommendations
• Ability to adapt template letters, generate original and pre-formatted reports
• Effective interactive communication (written and oral)
• Ability to use office equipment to enter or access information, reproduce and transmit information
• Focus on quality and details
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Commitment to values and ethics, integrity, reliability, and discretion
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• A working knowledge of French
• Experience working on migration-related matters.
• Work in high pressure environment
• Some overtime required (on week days and/or during weekends if job demands)
• Some occasional travel may be necessary
• Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city or region so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
• Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period. This includes a criminal and credit background check.
How to apply:
• Please follow the link http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3022& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The High Commission of Canada in Nigeria does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: RSCEMA.PERSONNEL@international.gc.ca