Permanent Operations Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Liaise with the Purchasing Manager in monitoring and supervising of offshore supplies logistics and storage matters;
- Monitor status of Class and Statutory Certificates, Surveys, maintain files and report on upcoming surveys;
- Assist in monitoring of project and contractor’s works ashore and on-board the Units;
- Report any abnormalities in offshore units’ daily operation or production reports;
- Liaise with Managing Director, Fleet Operation Manager and Superintendents as appropriate on operational and technical matters;
- Maintain office files for Instruction books and Drawings;
- Assist with the planning and execution of repairs, including unscheduled / urgent repairs;
- Follow up local suppliers regarding quality control and return items / wrong supply;
- Follow up contractors / suppliers and Logistics Agent regarding Landed Goods for service and repairs and keep track on status of same;
- Assist in Monitoring clearing / forwarding Agents on Customs clearance of imported goods and related local logistics activities;
- Assist in performing audits of contractors and suppliers;
- Assist in Collation of operations statistics for local content and related reporting;
- Office facility management including monitoring the running and maintenance of power plants, supply of fuels and lubricants and other maintenance activities as required;
- HSEQ Representative for the office;
- Collation and reporting of office HSE statistics, internal and external audits corrective action implementation and other HSEQ related reporting;
- Comply with Company HSSEQ System in performing duties.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering. Possession of marine Engineer License is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position, preferably in the offshore Oil & Gas or Maritime industry;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and use of ERP or procurement systems;
Port Harcourt, Nigeria