Permanent Operations Officer (State) – Abuja – Nigeria IHP
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Operations Officer (State) will work from the Abuja Country Office and provide operations support to the state offices. The Operations Officer (State) reports to the Senior Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the state program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel
- Maintain HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, ensuring medical insurance for staff
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and, administer prompt payment of rents, insurance, service and utility bills
- Assist in performing project close out activities
- Work with project team to calculate and submit cost share information, where applicable
- As necessary, assist in financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project management
- Manage expendable property
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
- All other duties and tasks as assigned