Permanent Production Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ASC Nigeria Ltd is a strong local player, providing specialised recruitment services for oil and gas operators in Nigeria.
The company provides Manpower solutions.
Supervision of production, In charge of materials logistics (full mass, packaging material &, finished goods transfers. GMP, good Environment keeper and in the plant.
Production: Responsible for the supervision of operation to achieve:
- Plan production quantity and quality of products.
- Achieve low cost of production.
- Planning and organising production schedules
- Oversee production processes
- Selecting, ordering and purchasing materials
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Supervising the work of junior staff
- Organising relevant training sessions
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Report to upper management
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP software
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Ensure constant supply of quantity & quality mass for pressing & wrapping activities
- Follow up with Laboratory for Release status
- Ensure constant supply of Packaging materials to the plant.
- Observation of material usages, variances & initiate immediate actions to management
Environment & safety
- Maintain high level of GMP and 5s’ in plant
- Maintain very high hygiene in the plant
- Participate actively in the Accident prevention programmes by ensuring and creating high safety awareness towards people and providing solutions to defectives equipment’s in the areas of responsibility.
- To stimulate good social climate among players of teams
- Ensure good staff organisation in the plant
- Ensure good relief for staff during annual leave
- Identify, propose training to staff in need
Ideal educational background, experience
- Min of 6 years’ experience in same or similar capacity within the FMCG industry
- Minimum of B.Sc. /B.Tech. /HND in Engineering discipline.
- Experienced in Seasoning/ culinary/ food producing industry will be an added advantage
Other key competences for success
- Good communications Skills
- Technical know-how
Good record keeping and documentation skills