Full-Time Project Planning Lead (EPC Planner)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: Project Planning Lead (EPC Planner)
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The EPC Planner is required to create and maintain the EPC Systems project plan during the project execution, alongside the Systems Engineering Planner. The EPC Planner is also responsible for leadership and technical support of their appointed project planning team, supporting project functions and managing project controls.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining talent with project Planning experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- The EPC Planner is a key partner to the Project Director as he/she provides them visibility on project execution. They also act as a strong link between the Project Director and the Product Line (PL) project planners as he/she captures and provides key information helping project execution and escalates any issues critical to the project which could not be resolved at planner level.The EPC Planner will also have key interaction with the various function representatives on the project, namely: Finance Manager, Systems Engineer, Commercial Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator, Quality Manager, EHS Manager, Logistics Coordinator, Document Controller etc.
Project plan creation
- OTR EPC Planner is responsible for completing the project plan baseline creation and development in-line with GE IPP/ QMS and contractual requirements.
- The EPC Planner is responsible for P6 project node creation, with assistance from a P6 Super user. Ensure Planning Team create all project plans within correct folders of this node and that project naming conventions are adhered to, in-line with current QMS.
- EPC Planner to provide timeline/ schedule for baseline plan creation, in-line with Planning QMS documentation.This should be communicated to both planning team and the customer. Hold regular update meetings with planners to track progress and ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- EPC Planner to chair planning workout/ project kick-off Meeting(s) with all members of the Project Planning Team (initial meeting ideally face to face), to ensure team alignment. Follow the ‘Plan Creation Checklist (QW-SPS-GLO-PLN-004) which details how to build the plan and the actions required by each planner.
- The EPC Planner is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the EPC project plan (in the commercial phase and / or in the execution phase. Aligning Key Milestones such as Contract Award with the agreed dates. Working with PL Planners to ensure correct logic and linking of their Deliverables to the relevant Contractual and Billing Milestones. They are required to add the EPC Project Management Team resources to vouchering activities in plan, assign and manage hours for the duration of the project, in-line with ‘Primavera Vouchering and Coding Maintenance Work Instruction’ (QW-SS-GLO-PLN-007).
- Once all project plans are complete, carry out vigorous schedule Quality checks across all plans, in-line with ‘Global Planning Schedule Integrity Metrics’ QMS Procedure (OGQ-GPQ-0013).
- Carry out Critical Path Analysis and produce Total Float Reports across project plans, in order to highlight the most critical schedule drivers to Project Director, Customer, Planning Team, relevant functions and any other key stakeholders.
- EPC Planner to ensure all Baselines are set on contractually agreed date.Schedule and budget control
- The EPC Planner secures complete alignment with Baseline Control QMS and related work instructions.
- Keeps Project Management team budget maintained vs. baseline as per PD instructions, within the boundaries of the QMS.
- Carry out regular checks across all Project Plans to ensure Budgeted figures remain as per Baseline, where there are discrepancies, inform plan owner and request fix, provide support, if required.
- The EPC Planner works with the project planner on schedule revision and change control incorporate agreed upon contract amendments (Variation Orders) and uses formal change control mechanisms.The EPC Planner is also responsible for:
- Communication protocol with product lines and functions.
- Customer, Project Director and Business reporting.
- Project risk planning.
- Project Closure
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other relevant related degree/or equivalent
- Extensive experience and Knowledge of P6 Primavera Schedule tool
- Experience of project management tools, methods and processes
- Knowledge of O&G Capital projects, preferably in Subsea Production Systems
- Commercially, financially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Risk Assessment: Understanding of key commercial risks and areas for opportunity and able to lead project risk review process and assessments
- Technical Product Knowledge: Understanding of subsea production systems
- Negotiating Skills: To secure favorable outcomes, having the flexibility to understand and negotiate alternative contractual and commercial positions with customers (subject to approval)