Full-Time Project Sourcing Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary:Reporting operationally to the Project Director (PD) and functionally supported by the SPS Sourcing Leader, the Project Sourcing Leader is responsible for establishing and managing the SPS Sourcing solutions for the project. The Projects Sourcing Lead is the main point of contact and interface between the GE O&G and the Customer on all procurement issues for the project. The SPS Projects Sourcing Lead will ensure the contractual requirements in relevant POs from the Customer are adhered to
Essential Responsibilities:This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining talents with project sourcing experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Ensuring sourcing-related contractual requirements are understood, flowed down to all the PLs and are adhered to consistently for the duration of the Project, especially with specific regard to customer imposed AVL/ ITPs/ Pre-production meetings and any other pertinent project specific requirements
- Overall management of the project Approved Vendor List (AVL)
- Track Direct Material Fulfillment against the Project Schedule, predominantly on critical path POs
- Report Direct Material Fulfillment against the Project Schedule, predominantly on critical path POs
- Liaison with the SPS Project Scheduler and/or Planning and Control Manager to maintain current look-ahead reporting to give project regular visibility of short and long-term events and key fulfillment issues
- Analyse impact of Engineering changes and errors, customer changes and VOs, NCRs/GRAs and supplier concessions – on critical path items. Highlight impact in progress report to Project Team
- 5-10 years relevant experience in a sourcing role
- At least 3 years’ experience within D&PS sourcing organization
- Commercially, financially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence
- Willing to work at a detail level
- Self-motivated and energetic individual, able to work on own initiative
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Industry Legal Awareness
- Commercial Awareness
- Understanding of key supply related commercial risks and areas for opportunity and able to lead project risk review process and assessments
- Understanding of subsea production systems
- Excellent negotiation skills to secure favorable outcomes, having the flexibility to understand and negotiate positions with client and vendors