Contract Relaunched – Accounting Services (Local)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lagos , Nigeria
ASC Nigeria Ltd is a strong local player, providing specialised recruitment services for oil and gas operators in Nigeria.
The company provides Manpower solutions.
The job involves the monitoring and reconciliation of major General Ledger (GL) accounts in the different Joint Venture (JV) entities under various contractual agreements. It requires:
- Knowledge of financing structures requiring unique Accounting interpretations and implementations;
- Knowledge of a wide range of Accounting and regulatory standards;
- Interface within and outside the division and Company – Cost Control, General Accounting, Commercial, Treasury, Budget & reporting, Corporate Accounting, Stock Control, Partners, External Auditors (Local & Group) and Government agencies (NNPC, NAPIMS, DPR, NIMASA).
The Accounting Officer shall:
- Analyse various General Ledger accounts and investigate issues arising there from with special emphasis on the Working Capital accounts;
- Reconcile Partners’ current account balances with Cash calls, Billing statements and the General ledger;
- Account for Cash Calls / Draw-downs paid by and on behalf of Partners into the JV Accounts;
- Analyse and reconcile inter venture payables and receivables;
- Review the cutback process from a Cost Trial Balance (CTB) and General Trial Balance (GTB) perspective to determine accuracy and completeness of Partners’ share in line with contractual agreements, and investigate of issues arising there from;
- Analyse and reconcile consumable stock balances between FI/CO and MM modules of SAP;
- Compute and post Service fee and Parent Company Overhead in line with contractual obligations and agreements;
- Prepare Accounting analysis in support of Partners, Group, NNPC, Tax, External & Internal audits and other special investigations and ad hoc audits;
- Monitor and follow closure processes and provide relevant inputs as may be required;
- Prepare monthly returns for Withholding Tax (WHT), Value added Tax (VAT), Nigerian Content development (NCD) levy and Cabotage deductions;
- Provide support to other entities that interface with the Accounting department;
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties as delegated.
- The Accounting Officer shall possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in either Accounting, Finance, Business related discipline, computer science, engineering or any numeric discipline. Completion of NYSC is mandatory.
Other requirements include:
- Very good organizational ability with effective communication skills;
- Aptitude for specialized accounting software (SAP) and other Windows office applications;
- Good organisational, interpersonal, writing and analytical skills