Full-Time Safety Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To administer the occupational safety, health, fire and dust explosion prevention programmes in accordance with legislation.
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
- Administer the OHSE programme
- Ensure compliance with Company safety standards and statutory requirements
- Maintain housekeeping and safety standards
- Work in teams
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related field
- Knowledge of industrial safety rules and regulations
- Strong technical skills in identify safety and operational non-compliance
- Experience in conducting investigations into safety incident, identifying root causes and developing preventative and corrective actions [Incident Investigator]
- Thorough understanding of ABInBev Safety, Health & Environmental
- Management Systems (VPO) [SAMTRAC or NEBOSH] tertiary degree is essential
- >2-5 years experience in a Brewery with exposure to WCM, Safety and Engineering fields
- Experience in working in an industrial or FMCG environment essential
- Good presentation, report drafting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in coaching, training teams
- Ideal candidate would have experience in managing NOSA integrated system
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across
Key competencies and attributes
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- High initiative, be independent and proactive
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to details (methodical record keeping).
- Influencing skills