Permanent SAFETY FACILITATOR – LOGISTICS
Job Title: SAFETY FACILITATOR – LOGISTICS
Opportunities exist for highly skilled and result driven Safety Facilitator in our Plant located in South-South Nigeria reporting reporting to the Safety Manager. The successful incumbent is to provide support to operational and line management to ensure the functioning of a comprehensive and professional Occupational Health and Safety System.Ensuring compliance to all Safety systems &standards.
Duties and responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Safety Facilitator will;
- Ensure compliance to the applicable Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensure safe work place,drive and support safe work practices in the plant.
- Monitor and advice on Safety DPO Pillar performance in the plant.
- Ensure work place hazards are identified and communicated to all staff.
- Support and facilitate safety improvement interventions across the plant.
- Promote awareness of occupational safety and the DPO Safety programme.
- Conduct audits and reviews related to the DPO Safety Pillar and legal compliance.
- Conduct investigations into incidents together with line managers identifying root cause and proposing both corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintain documentation such as SOP’s, policies and procedures as related to safety.
- Identify safety and legal training needs and conduct training where required.
- Ensure induction of both employees and contractors take place in accordance with standards.
- Drive closure of investigations, safety gaps and legal compliance in the plant.
- Assist in the investigation selected insurance claims in the plant.
- Ensure the site is adequately secured and the contracted security provider complies with standards.
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Min of B.Sc/B.Tech/ HND in a related field – Safety Management
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Brewery with exposure to WCM, Safety and Engineering fields
- Experience in working in an industrial or FMCG environment essential
- Ideal candidate would have experience in working with the NOSA integrated system.
Key competencies and attributes
- Knowledge of industrial safety rules and regulations
- Technical skills to identify safety and operational non- compliance.
- Ability to conduct investigations into safety incidents, identifying root causes and developing preventative and corrective actions [Incident Investigator].
- Ability to coaching and training teams
- Good presentation, report drafting, and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work across the levels in the plant.