Permanent Security Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: Security Assistant
Location: Flexible Location
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking for a Chief Security Officer to provide a World Class Professional Security Service aimed at creating a secure environment for the day to day business operations of British American Tobacco, within the Northern Area of Nigeria.
- Collate and review information with fact-based situation analysis report for the Security Leadership Team for Lagos.
- Have a good understanding of the drivers of potential threats relevant to your geography thereby helping to understand the threat level of your coverage area.
- Implement all standard operating procedures through the service providers within your area control so they can remain effective, efficient and focused, delivering first class services, using regular quality control checks.
- Support and participate in internal capacity building training workshops for vendors as may be assigned by Security Leadership Team.
- Support and share inputs on SRM (Security Risk Management) program for Nigeria and WAM area in collaboration with other Security Managers.
- Support in the implementation of Business Continuity Management process to ensure timely preparation, response and recovery of business operations in the event of any significant disruptions.
- Conduct reconnaissance and security risk assessment of hotels, residencies and guest houses intended for use by the company in Lagos.
- To assess and evaluate threats to personnel, assess, information and business operations in Lagos.
- Monitor activities along the Lagos/Ibadan expressway, advising both Lagos and Ibadan security control room personnel accordingly.
- Collates RAAC (Regional Area Audit Committee) reports for WAM markets.
- Provide direction and support to drive BAT best practices amongst the security personnel within area of coverage.
- Share knowledge and skills by contributing to functional policy, strategy and direction.
- Demonstrates empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Good knowledge in understanding potential threats to BAT business in Lagos.
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills including ability to write reports.
- Understand and analyze developing situations, drawing probable conclusions and making recommendations to sustain business while mitigating risks.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to have sound and clear understanding of security related issues to enable a balance recommendation.
- The role will require on-call availability outside the working hours and could involve short notice travel requirements.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.