Full-Time Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor
Job Title: Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor
The Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor will be a senior member of the project team and will work with Government of Nigeria, regional and local partners, non-governmental organizations, community organizations, private sector partners, DFID, and others to achieve the implementation of a comprehensive program to reduce Nigeria’s malaria burden.
The SBCC Advisor will work under the oversight of the Chief of Party to provide specialized technical assistance to the Government of Nigeria, partners, and local organizations to design, implement, monitor, and coordinate SBCC interventions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance related to the development and implementation of SBCC strategies for malaria in all phases from formative research through design, media and material production, community mobilization, and evaluation.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 contractual agreement.
- Supports the development of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and all other reporting requirements.
- Supervises a team of 5-8 junior and mid-level SBCC staff, and oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises with and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities, and builds capacity of local organizations and Government of Nigeria departments through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses, and other capacity strengthening activities.
- 6-10 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs in developing countries, with experience working in Nigeria preferred.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong understanding of current state of the evidence on malaria, and knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application to malaria specifically.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative, and practical solutions to communication challenges in developing countries.
- Field experience in developing and implementing SBCC projects and programs in Africa and/or other regions that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective SBCC interventions.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming, and management skills.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills, and experience working in collaboration with Government, partners, donors, and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.
- Language requirements: English
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.