Full-Time Voice and Accountability Team Leader – Nigeria State to State
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the State-to-State (State2State) contract is to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene – WASH); increasing the efficiency of key governance operations (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation); increasing government?s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict.
- Oversee V&A staff across States, including providing mentoring and training as necessary
- Assess capacity of key Nigerian government institutions and CSO stakeholders in citizen engagement, oversight and/or monitoring of local governance processes
- Design and tailor technical assistance interventions in conjunction with capacity needs
- Ensure quality and consistency of technical delivery and support to CSO as well as sub-national level government counterparts
- Directly provide technical assistance to CSOs, CBOs, associations to give voice to priority concerns, mobilize people behind policy reform, and become involved in local investment and prioritization
- Coordinate international and domestic STTA providing support to implement workplan activities
- With MEL Director, continuously monitor and report on technical assistance, success and program learning
- 5 or more years of experience with issues of citizen engagement, oversight and monitoring of government and/or local service delivery performance
- Extensive technical expertise as well as management experience in the areas of voice and accountability
- Thorough familiarity in designing and providing training to CSO, CBOs, associations and similar local stakeholders;
- Deep knowledge of capacity challenges, needs and opportunities in voice and accountability
- Experience working with international donor agencies, with a strong preference for experience with USAID in Nigeria and in the particular State