For developing country applicants: To apply for the JJ/WBGSP scholarship you must be a developing country national, not be a dual citizen of any developed country, hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) earned before 2013, be under 45 years old on the Application Deadline date, and have at least 3 years of recent development-related experience since earning a Bachelor’s degree. Most importantly, you must commit to returning home to your country on graduation in order to use your enhanced knowledge and skills towards your community’s, country’s, or region’s development. Those receiving a scholarship are barred from working at the World Bank Group for three years following graduation from the preferred master’s program.
If you think you fit our profile then consider the two ways citizens of developing countries can apply for this scholarship:
- For scholarships to one of our partner master’s programs, please first apply to at least one of our partner university master’s programs. The university will send the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat a short list of eligible candidates who have been accepted by the partner program, and the JJ/WBGSP Steering Committee will award scholarships to a subset of the short-listed applicants.
- For scholarships to one of our preferred master’s programs, you need to apply to the university to be accepted into the program and also apply directly to JJ/WBGSP for the scholarship. The deadline for JJ/WBGSP scholarship applications for the academic year 2016-17 is March 10, 2016, 12 noon EST.
To begin the web-based application process for a scholarship to one of the Program’s preferred master’s programs, we recommend you:
- Review the Application Guidelines and FAQs posted below. Please note we will be accepting applications only in English or in the language of the preferred master’s program you would attend.
- Log-into the Web-based Application using the link below to create an online application. Refer to Accessing the Online Application document as needed.
- APPLY ONLINE HERE Don’t wait to submit your recommendation requests. These can take time to be processed by the online system.
- Begin entering the requested documentation on the online application using the Navigating the Online Application document posted below.
Permanent URL for this page: http://go.worldbank.org/VV63X70UQ0