How To Put Together Required Documents for Immigration Court


The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services received more than thousands of applications for US citizenship every year. During the past decade alone, 7.4 million people became naturalized citizens of the United States. Becoming a US citizen through Naturalization is a long and complicated process, and it involves the translation of your legal documents into the English language before you submit them to the USCIS. Immigration is an extremely long and hard process, and to avoid chances of getting rejected or delayed, you must get your documents translated by a certified professional translator who can offer high-quality translation services.

Application for Immigrant Visa

To apply for US immigration, a foreign citizen must be sponsored by a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States who is an immediate relative of the individual seeking to apply for immigration. The applicant is required to have an approved petition before they apply for immigration. The sponsor files the petition on behalf of the applicant for an immigrant visa. Upon receiving the approval from the United States Citizen and Immigration Services, you can visit the National Visa Center (NVC), hire an agent, and  the applicant can fill out the necessary forms and submit required legal documents and certificates translated into the English language. Listed below is a list of documents you will require for an application to receive an immigrant visa from the USCIS.

The first step is to fill and submit the visa application form. The form is available on, and you can download it from there. Once you have submitted the form, you must print the confirmation page and bring it to your interview.

Following is a list of documents you will be required to submit at the NVC.

  • You will need an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your entry into the United States.
  • Two color photographs were taken within the last six months.
  • Applicants who applied through the NVC must bring their appointment letter, and ones who applied by themselves should bring their courier confirmation page.
  • You must bring an original or certified copy of your birth certificate. Please note that if your birth certificate is not in English, you must get it certified by a trusted and certified translator before you submit it at the NVC.
  • If you are married, you must bring your marriage certificate. The marriage certificate, too, should be translated into the English
  • Evidence of Support is a conceptual affidavit of support that must be submitted by the applicant at the interview. The affidavit must be less than 12 months old.
  • The last step is to pay the visa fee for your immigrant visa.

All the documents and certificates that are not in English must come with a certified translation of their documents. The original document must be submitted along with the translated version of it. The translator must provide a signed statement in order to provide confirmation that the translation is accurate and authentic. You should also note that your passport does not require translation into the English language if it is primarily written in a language other than English.

Citizenship through Naturalization

Becoming a US citizen through the process of naturalization is a way for non-US citizens to gain citizenship to the United States. When a non-US citizen voluntarily applies for citizenship in the USA, the process is called naturalization. One of these people become US citizens; they must exercise their rights and responsibilities as a citizen of the United States.

Following are a few requirements that classify as the eligibility criteria for US citizenship.

  • The applicant must be at least eighteen years old when he or she applies for naturalization.
  • You must be a lawful permanent US resident for at least five years before you apply for US If you are a spouse of a US citizen, you must be a permanent resident of the US for a minimum of three years.
  • You must have demonstrated a physical presence in the country between the time of immigration and application for citizenship.
  • You must have demonstrated a good moral character during your five years of residence in the US.
  • You must have lived within the State or USCIS district for three months before you apply for citizenship.
  • You must be able to speak, read, and write, and understand basic English.
  • You must take an oath of allegiance to the United States of America.

All the documents submitted during the process of immigration and naturalization must be in the English language, translated by a certified translator. You can avail translation services by getting in contact with a certified translator you know of, or get your translations done through various online websites that offer translation services from qualified translators who have a certificate of translation, and can provide a signed statement declaring the translations of your legal and financial documents accurate and acceptable by the USCIS.